- 1 cup - chopped pecans
- 2 cups - firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup - butter, melted
- 2 - large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons - vanilla extract
- 2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons - baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon - salt
- 3 cups - peeled and diced tart apples (about 1 1/2 lb.)
6 to 8
6 to 8
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- Stir together brown sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir together flour,baking powder and salt; add to brown sugar mixture, and stir until blended.
- Stir in apples and pecans.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured 13- x 9-inch pan; spread in an even layer.
- Bake at 350º for 35 to 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.