- 1 3/4 cups - all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons - ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons - baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon - salt
- 1/2 cup - unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup - sugar
- 3/4 cup - packed light brown sugar
- 2 - large eggs
- 2 teaspoons - vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup - applesauce
- 2 cups - chopped apples, cored and peeled
4 to 8
4 to 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan very well with non-stick baking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Whisk together to combine, then set aside.
- Combine the melted butter, sugars, eggs, vanilla extract and applesauce and whisk together to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Don’t over-mix.
- Fold in the chopped apples
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, and then remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Apple bread can be served warm or at room temperature. Store at room temperature, well covered. Best if eaten within 4-5 days.