This quick and easy one-pot meal is sure to become a family favorite around the house!
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- 1 cup - chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup - chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons - chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cups - uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon - kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon - black pepper
- 4 cups - chicken stock
- 4 cups - shredded boneless, skinless chicken (I use leftover from roast or rotisserie)
- 3 tablespoons - chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon - fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup - Parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1 (4 inch) teaspoon - piece Parmesan cheese rind(optional but really good)
6 to 8
6 to 8
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high.
- Add onion and carrots, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, rice, salt, and pepper, and cook until fragrant and rice begins to toast, about 3 minutes
- Stir in stock, and add Parmesan rind; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer until rice is just cooked through, about 18 minutes.
- Uncover and discard rind; stir in chicken.
- Cook until chicken is heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and lemon juice just before serving, and top with shaved Parmesan.