This versatile gravy recipe complements turkey, chicken, duck and venison!
Cranberry Maple Whiskey Gravy
- 5 tablespoons - Butter
- 1/4 cup - Flour
- 1 cup - Onion, Diced Fine
- 1/4 teaspoon - Black Pepper, Finely Ground
- 1/2 teaspoon - Salt (Salt to Taste at End)
- 1 1/2 cups - Turkey/Chicken Stock
- 1 cup - Turkey/Chicken Drippings
- 1/4 cup - Cranberry Sauce (Jellied Canned)
- 3 ounces - MRDC Maple Whiskey
2 to 12
2 to 12
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat, then add the onions and cook for 10 minutes until softened. Don’t skip this step, the onions add tons of flavor to the gravy.
- Next, carefully pour in the MRDC MAPLE whiskey, whisk and cook down for one minute.
- Sprinkle in the flour and whisk to combine with the butter and onions and cook for a minute more.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken/turkey stock and drippings, then add the rosemary to the pan.
- Bring to simmer and cook 5 minutes to thicken.
- Whisk in the cranberry sauce and taste for seasonings.