Comfort in a bowl. This creamy chowder is a quick and easy favorite for the family.
Iowish Whiskey Pig Chowder
- 1/2 pound - bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup - diced ham
- 1 large - sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cups - frozen corn, thawed
- 1/3 cup - Iowish whiskey or Cody Road Bourbon
- 2 cups - chicken stock
- 2 cups - half and half
- 2 large - potatoes, peeled, cubed, and cooked
- dash - salt and pepper
2 to 6
2 to 6
- Heat approximately 3 tbsp reserved bacon grease in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, sauté for 5 minutes. Add corn, continue to cook until corn is slightly soft.
- Add the flour and stir and cook for 1 minute. Carefully, pour in whiskey or bourbon. WARNING: IT CAN FLAME UP. When the flame goes out, slowly stir in the stock.
- Heat until thickened. Add potatoes and bacon. Heat through and season with salt and pepper.