You heard it right, these delicious pralines are so easy to make, all you need is a microwave!
- 16 ounces - light brown sugar
- 1 cup - heavy cream
- 1/4 cup - butter, cut into pieces so it will melt faster
- 2 cups - pecan pieces
- 2 teaspoons - vanilla extract
- 1 pinch - salt
3 to 6
3 to 6
- Different microwaves may require different cooking time. Cooking times given are an estimate. You may find you need to microwave for a shorter or longer time.
- Use a large bowl. The mixture will boil up some and you don’t want it to overflow.
- When you stir the mixture, it should begin to change color and start to look creamy. It will also thicken. If not, it needs to be microwaved longer. Return it to the microwave for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Be very careful when removing the bowl from the microwave. It will be very hot.
- You must scoop the pralines out onto the baking sheet very quickly. The mixture will start to thicken and harden rapidly.