This Pear-Bourbon Crisp is the perfect dessert for any gathering you'll want to be invited to again and again!
- 6 - firm, ripe pears, peeled, cored and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup - Cody Road Bourbon
- 3 tablespoons - granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons - firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons - all-purpose flour
- 1 stick - butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup - all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup - rolled oats
- 2/3 cup - firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon - salt
- dash - Pear Necessity Liqueur
9 to 12
9 to 12
- Preheat an oven to 375°F Generously butter a 10-inch (25-cm) cast-iron fry pan.
- To make the filling, in a large bowl, stir together the pears and bourbon. Let stand for 30 minutes. In another bowl, stir together the sugars, flour and cinnamon. Add to the pear mixture and stir until evenly coated. Add the pear filling to the prepared pan.
- To make the topping, in a bowl, stir together the melted butter and vanilla. In another bowl, using a fork, stir together the flour, oats, brown sugar and salt. Add the butter mixture and stir until evenly blended and crumbly. Sprinkle the topping over the pears.
- Bake until the pears are tender and bubbly and the topping is crisp and brown, about 30 minutes. As it comes out of the oven splash it liberally with Pear Necessity Liqueur. Serve with whipped cream made with Pear Necessity Liqueur instead of vanilla