Try this fresh and zesty appetizer at your next gathering!
Pickled Shrimp Salad
- 2 pounds - Peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 - Sweet onion
- 2 - Cloves of thinly sliced garlic
- 2 - Lemons
- 1/2 cup - White wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup - Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon - Coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon - Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon - Red pepper flakes
- 6 - Bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons - Sliced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons - Chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- - Kosher salt
- - Freshly ground black pepper
2 to 12
2 to 12
- In a heavily salted pot of boiling water, boil the shrimp until just cooked through. Strain and shock in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking.
- In a mortar and pestle or grinder, crush the celery seed, coriander, mustard seed, bay leaves and pepper flakes into a course grind.
- Mix all ingredients in a nonreactive bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Let rest in the fridge for the flavors to meld, 4-6 hours would be best (you may have to adjust the seasoning again after resting). Stir every hour or so.
- Serve and enjoy.