We've perfected the marriage between caramel + pumpkin. These moist buttery squares highlight our favorite seasonal flavors!
Pumpkin Caramel Blondies
- 2 3/4 cups - brown sugar firmly packed
- 3/4 cup - butter
- 1/2 cup - canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 large - eggs lightly beaten and at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons - vanilla extract
- 3 1/3 cups - all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon - baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons - salt divided
- 1 teaspoons - ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon - pumpkin pie spices
- 10 ounces - Brach's Milk Maid Caramels squares unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons - heavy cream (milk can be used if needed)
9 to 12
9 to 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray (the caramel can make this very sticky!)
- In a medium-size pot, combine brown sugar, butter, and pumpkin. Cook over medium heat, stirring until all ingredients have melted and combined. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- While the mixture is cooling, combine flour, baking powder, 1 tsp salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir well to combine.
- Once the liquid mixture has cooled, add beaten eggs and vanilla and stir well to combine. It's important the mixture is cooled to avoid cooking the eggs when you add them. Next, add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and stir until well combined, but do not overmix.
- Place caramels and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on High for 1 minute, then stir. Cook on 50% power for 30 seconds, then stir again. Repeat at 50% power until thoroughly melted, being careful to avoid scorching.
- Scoop half the blondie batter into the prepared pan. Spread until mixture fully covers the bottom of the pan. Next, drizzle caramel sauce over blondie batter. Finally, scoop remaining blondie batter over the top of caramel, then spread to cover caramel.
- Bake for approximately 33-38 minutes or until top appears fully cooked and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool prior to cutting.
- Serve at room temperature, or heat for 15-20 seconds in the microwave to warm. If serving warm, top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Store tightly wrapped.
- NOTES | If desired you can add in one cup of pecans, walnuts, chocolate chips, white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips! | Make sure to line and spray your pain. The caramel can cause sticking to the pan if not properly prepared. | If you don't have caramels on hand, it's okay to skip them.