Bring the colors of spring into your cooking
with this fresh and easy treat.
Radish and Flower Toast
- 6 - Thin slices baguette or other crusty bread
- 3 tablespoons - Good quality unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 tablespoons - Minced fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 6-8 - Small-medium radishes, sliced into paper thin coins
- - Chive flowers, kale flowers, arugula flowers or other small edible flowers for garnish
- pinch - Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
3 to 6
3 to 6
- Place the slices of bread in the toaster or toaster oven and toast until just lightly golden brown. While the bread toasts, mix together the butter and chives until fully combined.
- Remove the bread from the toaster and allow to cool for a few minutes so the butter doesn’t melt.
- Divide the butter amongst the 6 toasts and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle lightly with sea salt, then arrange the radish slices over top.
- Arrange the toasts on a platter and sprinkle with a tiny bit more sea salt, chopped chives and edible flowers. Serve immediately.