These tender, tasty, and moist scones make for a great morning treat!
- 2 cups - all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons - granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon - baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon - salt
- 6 tablespoons - cold unsalted butter diced
- 3.4 ounces - (1 box) instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup - heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1 large - egg
- 1 teaspoon - vanilla extract
- - Extra flavors (lemon zest, chocolate chips, chopped dried fruit that’s rehydrated)
- - FOR THE GLAZE: 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch - salt
- 1-2 tablespoons - liquid (lemon juice, cranberry juice, milk, etc.)
8 to 16
8 to 16
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add diced cold butter and cut in with a pastry cutter until the butter is worked in and the mixture is crumbly. Stir in the pudding mix.
- Place the cream, egg, vanilla, and extra flavorings in a measuring cup. Whisk to combine. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet. Stir with a fork until just combined (there may still be some dry ingredients in the bottom of the bowl).
- Turn out the dough onto a cutting board. Knead the dough a few times until the mixture comes together and is smooth. Cut the dough in half. Form each half of the dough into a disk that’s about 1-2” thick. Slice each into 8 wedges, for a total of 16 mini scones.
- Place scones on prepared cookie sheet, 1-2” apart. Bake for 8-11 minutes, or until the bottoms are just golden brown. Cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze: whisk all ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over scones. Let set for a few minutes before serving or stacking.