The perfect way to get in the spring/summer mindset, this tangy and delicious mixture of strawberries and rhubarb topped with a buttery and sweet crumble is superb!
Almond Crumble Topping
- 3/4 cup - Slivered Almonds, Toasted
- 1 cup - All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup - Sugar
- 1 stick - Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon - Kosher Salt
- 6 cups - Rhubarb, Cut Into 1/2" Pieces
- 1 cup - Roughly Chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 cup - Sugar
- 2 tablespoons - Cornstarch
- 1/2 large - Zest and Juice of Lemon
5 to 8
5 to 8
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- For the Almond Crumble Topping: In a food processor, pulse the almonds until finely ground. Add the flour, sugar and salt. Pulse to incorporate. Add the butter and pulse until the butter is dispersed in walnut-size pieces throughout. Set aside at room temperature.
- For the crumble: Mix the rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and lemon juice in a large mixing bowl. Fill four 4-inch ramekins almost to the top. Sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of the almond crumble on the top and place in the oven. Bake until the filling bubbles and the topping is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- For the topping: Using a whisk or whisk attachment and stand mixer, whip the mascarpone on medium-high speed for about 2 minutes, to increase the volume. Reserve and refrigerate until ready for use.
- To serve: Once rested, top each ramekin with 2 tablespoons of whipped mascarpone.