The delectable contrasts of strawberries and rhubarb are sensational counterparts pieced together to bring just about any salad to completion.
Asparagus Radish Salad
- 1/4 cup - Honey
- 1/2 cup - Water
- 2 cups - Sliced Rhubarb (about 3-4 stalks)
- 2 cups - Chopped Fresh Strawberries
- 2 small - Diced Shallots
- 1/3 cup - Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 small - Lemon Zest
- 1/2 cup - Dijon Mustard
- 3/4 cup - Olive Oil
2 to 6
2 to 6
- In a medium sauce pan, stir together honey and water. Bring to a boil and add rhubarb, strawberries and shallots. Continue to boil for another 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and stir in vinegar and lemon zest. Simmer for 10 minutes or until reduced by half and rhubarb is tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place mixture in the bowl of a food processor along with the Dijon mustard and process until smooth. With processor running, add the oil in a steady stream.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or cold on your favorite salad greens.