A hearty homemade chowder with the fresh taste of sweet corn.
Sweet Corn Chowder
- 1 stick - butter
- 1 large - onion chopped
- 4 large - stalks of celery chopped
- 1/2 cup - carrots chopped
- 4 cups - veggie stock
- 2 teaspoons - thyme
- 3 cups - fresh or frozen sweet corn
- 2 cups - diced red potatoes
- 1/3 cup - corn whiskey (Iowish Corn Whiskey)
- 2-4 tablespoons - instant potato flakes
- - Water as needed for consistency
2 to 6
2 to 6
- Sauté the onions, celery, and carrots in the butter.
- Add the stock, corn, and potatoes.
- Season with the thyme and salt and pepper.
- Cook until the potatoes are cooked.
- Stir in a little instant potato and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the whiskey and water to make the chowder the right thickness.