Enjoy this combination of rhubarb, oats and cream cheese frosting! These moist, chewy, and tangy rhubarb cookies will delight your tastebuds.
- 1/2 cup - Butter softened
- 1/2 cup - Shortening
- 1 1/2 cups - Brown sugar
- 2 - Eggs
- 3 cups - Flour
- 1 teaspoon - Baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon - Salt
- 1 1/2 cups - Diced rhubarb
- 3/4 cup - Old fashioned oats
- 3 ounce - Cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon - Butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups - Powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon - Vanilla extract
4 to 8
4 to 8
- For the cookies: Cream the butter, shortening and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the diced rhubarb and oats.
🌟 Plant your own rhubarb.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons on a greased baking sheet (parchment-lined would make for even easier cleanup). Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Make the frosting: Beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Beat in the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread over the cooled cookies.